Whether you’re thinking about a recognition program for your organization, trying to sell the idea to the folks in the corner office, or already have a program up and running, here are seven compelling reasons why you need one – or why you may want to revisit and revise what you’ve got!
- Recognition programs boost employee engagement. An engaged workforce yields higher productivity, lower turnover and greater customer satisfaction, among other benefits.
- When you celebrate success, you encourage more of the same. It’s the simple principle of positive reinforcement at work. Recognition programs are a great way to reward and encourage repeatable behaviors like perfect attendance and days without safety incidents.
- Everybody benefits. Some corporations limit their rewards to salespeople when they meet and exceed quotas. A company-wide program recognizes the efforts and achievements of workers at every level, creating a positive corporate culture and a happier, more productive workforce.
- Recognition is the logical endgame of goal-setting. To keep your employees engaged and your company thriving, it’s important to set realistic, measurable goals. Formal recognition, including public acknowledgment, gives employees something tangible to strive for.
- It’s a great incentive for new hires. With a employee solid recognition program as part of your corporate culture, your organization becomes much more attractive to the top echelon of talent.
- Did we mention lower turnover? Yes, but it bears mentioning again. Forbes magazine reports that organizations with a “recognition-rich culture” have 31% lower voluntary turnover rates.
- It gives you the opportunity to work with THE BEST in the business. Award Concepts will set you up with a customized program to help you achieve all of the benefits we just outlined – and we guarantee that you’ll enjoy every interaction you have with us!